You’d be forgiven for letting your nose guide you around Plus 5’s open kitchen. The delicious smell of wood fired pizza is a welcome greeting, balanced perfectly with the scent of tasty tapas dishes combining modern and classic influences.
We asked Plus 5 Chef Giuspeep D’Onchia for his favourite pizza recipe, and he kindly shared this Margherita Pizza with Parma Ham and Parmesan. This is not your average pizza – it takes the classic tomato and mozzarella combination to a new level of deliciousness by dressing it up with Italy’s most famous ham and punchy cheese. Tasty and great to share, it’s a gorgeous savoury with a nice glass of red.
Margherita Pizza with Parma Ham and Parmesan
- Your favourite pizza dough or base
- 3 tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Buffalo mozarella
- 6 slices of Parma ham
1. Add tomatoes, basil, salt, pepper and olive oil to a blender and mix
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Roll dough to desired size.
3. Add sauce from blender in circular motion from centre outwards.
4. Tear mozzarella and add to base.
5. Put pizza base in oven at 250 degrees for 15 minutes.
6. Remove and lay the strips of parma ham like spokes on the outer side of the pizzas.
7. Shave a generous amount of parmesan onto top of pizza.
8. Roughly chop a handful of fresh basil and dust top of pizza.
9. Serve immediately.