Indulgence of indulgences, confit duck takes just a little care and attention and is an absolute show-stopper at dinner parties. The team at The Bohemian took us through their winning recipe.
Confit duck leg
- 4 Duck legs
- 50g salt
- 50g brown sugar
- 1 orange skin
- 500g duck fat
- 1 branch of rosemary
- 2 cloves
1. Place the duck legs with the skin facing down on a deep oven tray.
2. Season them with the salt, brown sugar and the orange skin.
3. Cover and leave the duck legs to cure overnight.
4. The next day, remove the salt and the sugar, place the duck legs in a tray and top with the rosemary and cloves.
5. Warm the duck fat in a saucepan and cover the duck legs, rosemary and cloves in duck fat.
6. Cover the tray with foil and cook them in the oven at 150 degrees for 2 hours or until the duck is cooked through.
7. You can serve it with a chickpeas and fresh coriander salad with shallots, apple and walnuts.
8. Grilled yellow corn purée also works well with this recipe.