South Wharf Promenade is getting behind the 83rd Good Friday Appeal supporting the Royal Children’s Hospital with a day of circus fun, and the telethon live on the big screen.
Come down with the family for some fun, games and great food on Friday 18 April 2014.
We’ve got some great activities lined up!
– Watch the Good Friday Appeal telethon on the large screen at the Cargo Hall.
– Take a ride on the free train transporting families up and down the promenade from 10am – 3pm.
– Try out the flying trapeze where a gold coin donation will get you a five minute flying session with an instructor you can fly from 10am-11.30am, 1pm – 2pm & 3.30-5pm. At 12:30pm and 2:30pm take in amazing shows!
– Check out the fabulous Easter Egg hunts at the green square outside The Common Man (gold coin donation to the Good Friday Appeal to take part).
– Join the mini circus school inside Showtime Events Centre where you can learn to juggle, walk the tight rope and master a low trapeze. Entry into the interactive circus is by gold coin donation for fifteen minutes of circus fun. Roving face painters will be on hand to help complete your circus face and wandering balloonists will be at your service to twist and tie balloon animals. Open 10am – 5pm.
– When you’ve worked up a proper appetite sit down to some great food all in the name of charity at Akachochin, Bangpop, Bohemian, Meat Market and Common Man who will be supporting the Good Friday Appeal on the day.
– Check out the raffles at Gasolina - you could win a $100 gift voucher – all proceeds donated to the appeal.
- Get your caffeine buzz whilst the kids get a funny face at Charlie Lovett – there will be Face Painting throughout the whole day for a gold coin donation to the appeal.
- Get a delicious ice cream from the Boat Builders Yard – our scoop master will sing songs and entertain the kids and a gold coin donation to the appeal will get you a gelato!
– Check out the fabulous menu specials at Chihuahua Bar