We twisted the arm of Head Chef Lana Cargill from Showtime Events to get this delicious recipe for Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta! The perfect dessert to make ahead of time for your next dinner party and impress your guests.
Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta Recipe
2 Vanilla Beans
5 leaves Gelatine (softened in water) or 2 1/2 tsp powdered gelatine
- Bring milk and cream to the boil in a pot.
- Soak gelatine leaves in cold water for a few minutes and then squeeze out excess water.
- Stir softened gelatine & honey into hot cream mixture.
- Strain through a fine sieve and cool.
- Pour into plastic dariole moulds and refrigerate overnight.
- Turn out on to a chilled plate and serve with fresh berries, sour cherry sauce & biscotti biscuits.
Serves 8 – 10
P.S. If you’re planning an event, Showtime Events Centre at South Wharf is a stellar venue! Contact them to find out more.