South Wharf Promenade is the most recent addition to Melbourne’s food and beverage offering. It is a Plenary Group development designed to complement the Melbourne Convention Centre precinct, bringing to life this precinct once often dormant outside of exhibition mode.
This Privacy Statement outlines our Personal Information handling practices for both online and offline data. If you give us personal information for whatever reason, you need to know we will treat it consistent with this Privacy Statement. [Plenary Group South Wharf Food and Beverage] is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring your experience with us is a positive one. We will meet our obligations under the Privacy Act, and will adopt the National Privacy Principles.
This Privacy Statement covers the activities of Plenary Group in relation to the South Wharf Promenade, including its website and is applicable worldwide. We encourage you to read this Privacy Statement and to keep it for future reference.
What is “Personal Information”?
“Personal Information” is any information or opinion (recorded in any form) about a person, whether true or not, from which that person may be identified. It may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, postal or other physical address, title, occupation, and other information we may require to provide you a service.
What we use your information for
We use the information to research the needs of our customers and potential customers, improve the content of the South Wharf Promenade website www.southwharfpromenade.com and to market our products and services where Plenary Group South Wharf Food and Beverage has obtained your consent.
What Personal Information will we collect?
We will always tell you before we collect any Personal Information from you and inform you of the purpose of the collection. Moreover, the information we collect can only be provided by you voluntarily.
The types of information we will seek to collect includes:
- Registration to membership programs
- Registration to newsletter subscriptions
- Participation in online social media
- Participation in online surveys
Uses of your Personal Information
We will only use your Personal Information in the way we specified when it was collected. We will not subsequently change the way we use your Personal Information without your consent or unless we are required to do so by law.
Some of the ways we may use your Personal Information include:
- To keep you up to date on the latest South Wharf Promenade announcements, special offers, and other information. This may occasionally include information from South Wharf Food and Beverage business operators that can add value to your time at South Wharf.
- To allow you to provide customer feedback.
- To provide marketing or promotional activities relating to South Wharf Promenade.
- To conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to provide better services to our customers and end users. Your completion of any questionnaires is voluntary.
- To support recruitment inquiries.
- To understand more about you, so we can personalise newsletters and websites to your preferences. For example, we may allow you the opportunity to request specific information on products and services that may be of interest.
- To allow you to forward information to another individual such as a friend or co-worker. South Wharf Promenade or Plenary Group will not store the Personal Information of the third party. We collect the information for the sole purpose of sending a one-time email. If you choose to use our referral service to inform a colleague or friend, we will only ask for a contact name and email address.
- To meet contract obligations.
Who do we disclose your information to?
Otherwise, we will not disclose any of your Personal Information to any other organisation or third party unless the disclosure is necessary to prevent a serious threat to the health and safety of an individual or the public or unless the disclosure is required by government, enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities or other organisations as required, or permitted or as authorised by or under law.
Consent to using Personal Information
Accessing and updating your Personal Information
We will make reasonable endeavours to ensure that our records of the Personal Information you have shared with us are accurate, relevant, up to date, complete and not misleading. However, we need your help in doing this. Please notify us of any changes to, or errors in, your Personal Information.
If you are a registered user, you may make these updates yourself online. You may also make these updates or request deletion of your details by sending an email to:
Each email newsletter includes instructions on how you can unsubscribe from that particular mailing.
You may also unsubscribe from South Wharf Promenade’s newsletters by sending a letter, including your name, email address and the title of the marketing material you wish to unsubscribe from to:
Security of your Personal Information
South Wharf Promenade and Plenary Group (South Wharf Food and Beverage) is committed to protecting the Personal Information you share with us. We utilise a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organisational measures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. While we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit. We recommend that you take every precaution in protecting your Personal Information when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser.
Accessing your Personal Information
You have a right to access Personal Information you have shared with us, subject to some exceptions permitted by law. If you would like to access your Personal Information, please let us know. For security reasons, we may require you to put your request in writing.
How to contact us